- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb. (450 g) steak
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped or shredded fresh ginger
- 4 tsp garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- dash crushed chili flakes
- Combine rice and water in a large microwave-safe pot or casserole. Cover and microwave at high 10 minutes, then medium 10 minutes.
- Slice partially frozen steak across the grain into narrow strips.
- Place cornstarch in a large mixing bowl. Add water gradually while you are whisking. Beat eggs into cornstarch mixture. Toss in beef and stir to coat.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into wok, heat to boiling hot, but not smoking. Add a quarter of the beef to the oil at a time. Separate with a fork and cook, stirring frequently, until crispy. Remove, drain on parchment and set aside. (This much can be done in advance.)
- Shred carrots. Chop green onions and grate fresh ginger.
- Put oil in wok. Add carrots, onion, ginger and garlic in that order. Stir briefly over high heat.
- Combine soy sauce, wine, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and chili flakes. Add to vegetable mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add beef, mix well. Serve over rice.
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More