- Cooking Time: 40/45
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1 cup Pure Cane Syrup (better than molasses for ginger bread)
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Combine the boiling water and Cane Syrup, reserve.
- In your electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Then add the dry ingredients alternately with the syrup/water mixture.
- Beat enough to mix throughly.
- You can add 1 cup of nuts if you like nutty gingerbread.
- Pour into a well greased 12 x 8 x 2 pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
NotesI tweaked the original recipe on a Cane Syrup bottle and bake this regularly. My wife refuses to share this with anyone so if you get a piece from her consider yourself annointed. lucas hess
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More