- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 15-20
- Preparation Time: 25
BackstoryI love ginger and have played around with a basic recipe from my mom until I've gotten it right.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour bunt pan, angel food cake pan or 2 loaf pans. In medium bowl, mix flour, ground ginger, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl beat granulated sugar, butter, gingerroot, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Beat on high 5 minutes. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk on low. Fold in candied or crystallized ginger until evenly mixed. Spread in pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutesor until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Once completely cooled I'll make a sugar glaze with confect sugar and milk and drizzle over the top