GINGER CHICKEN, VEGGIES & COUSCOUS
Ginger Chicken, Veggies & Couscous
- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 oz chicken breast (weight before cooking)
- 4 cups mixed veggies
- 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 Tbsp ginger
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Add couscous to 9x9 casserole dish with hot water (I have found the directions often do not work; generally for a cup of couscous, I add 1½ cup of water.)
2. Finely chop the ginger.
3. Slice and/or chop veggies to your liking and cook with 1 tbs water at medium-high heat.
4. Once veggies reach desired results (be it soft, firm, lightly grilled, etc.,) distribute over couscous.
5. Cut chicken into small chunks.
6. Cook the chicken with ginger and 1 Tbs coconut oil at medium-high heat until meat is cooked through (should only take a few minutes if meat is fresh/thawed.)
7. Distribute chicken and ginger evenly over the vegetables, and serve immediately.
Note: Because coconut oil is considered a saturated fat, the FDA has demonized it without any formal study or investigation. The very few studies that exist have suggested that it is actually beneficial, and my own experience reflects the suggested benefits. Please feel free to send me a message if you have questions regarding information or my experience.