- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3 lb chicken
- 3 qts water
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 ribs celery, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 4 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 carrots, peeled & julienned
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into quarters
- 2 cups peanut oil or canola oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lime, sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
- In a large stock pot, place chicken, water, onions, celery, chopped carrots, bay leaf, pepper corns, 2 Tbsp chopped garlic, & 1 Tbsp minced ginger. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, until chicken is cooked and tender. Remove chicken from pot. Discard the skin and seperate meat from the bones. Strain out the vegetables from the broth and skim the fat that rises to the top of the broth. Blanch julienned carrots in salted water, drain, and shock in ice water. Saute remaining garlic and ginger in a sauce pot and add chicken stock and meat. Season with salt and pepper and simmer 10 minutes.
- Fry tortilla strips in hot peanut oil or canola oil and drain on paper towel.
- Arrange avocado quarters and divide the cooked, julienned carrot on the bottom of 4 soup bowls. Add broth, sprinkle with chopped cilantro, and garnish with tortilla strips and a lime round.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Koken met OmaSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More