GINGER-CINNAMON GLAZED CARROTS
- 1 small bunch fresh carrots, sliced thinly at an angle
- 1 one inch knob fresh ginger, sliced into five pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, freshly chopped
- Vegetable stock, as needed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large sauté pan.
Add just enough vegetable stock to cover the carrots.
Simmer over medium-high heat until stock is reduced and carrots are glazed, but not mushy.
Add more stock if carrots are not cooked to desired tenderness.
Remove cinnamon sticks and ginger.
Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Add a twist to traditional carrots with fresh ginger, fragrant cinnamon and sweet honey.