- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) margarine, room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup molasses
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 2 Teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- Line 2-3 cookie sheets with wax paper and grease lightly
- With an electric mixer, cream 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, the brown sugar, butter, and margarine until fluffy.
- Add the egg and continue beating to blend well. Add the molasses.
- Sift the dry ingredients three times, then stir into the butter mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining sugar in a shallow dish.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls, then roll the balls in the sugar to coat.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake until golden around the edges but soft in the middle, 12-15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Delightful DessertsSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More