- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) margarine, room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup molasses
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 2 Teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- Line 2-3 cookie sheets with wax paper and grease lightly
- With an electric mixer, cream 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, the brown sugar, butter, and margarine until fluffy.
- Add the egg and continue beating to blend well. Add the molasses.
- Sift the dry ingredients three times, then stir into the butter mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining sugar in a shallow dish.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls, then roll the balls in the sugar to coat.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake until golden around the edges but soft in the middle, 12-15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Christmas CookiesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More