- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) margarine, room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup molasses
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 2 Teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- Line 2-3 cookie sheets with wax paper and grease lightly
- With an electric mixer, cream 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, the brown sugar, butter, and margarine until fluffy.
- Add the egg and continue beating to blend well. Add the molasses.
- Sift the dry ingredients three times, then stir into the butter mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining sugar in a shallow dish.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls, then roll the balls in the sugar to coat.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake until golden around the edges but soft in the middle, 12-15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More