- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- (optional sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine brown sugar, cooking oil, molasses, and egg. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture and beat till well mixed.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar if desired.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until done.
NotesThis is technically a gingersnap recipe, but these cookies come out really soft, so they are more like gingerbread cookies. I made them Monday and they are so good. :)
Because of the molasses, the dough for this is pretty sticky. I definitely recommend a cookie scoop if you've got one in order to prevent very messy fingers from trying to get the dough off a regular spoon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
GAES PTO Recipes
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More