- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- (optional sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine brown sugar, cooking oil, molasses, and egg. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture and beat till well mixed.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar if desired.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until done.
NotesThis is technically a gingersnap recipe, but these cookies come out really soft, so they are more like gingerbread cookies. I made them Monday and they are so good. :)
Because of the molasses, the dough for this is pretty sticky. I definitely recommend a cookie scoop if you've got one in order to prevent very messy fingers from trying to get the dough off a regular spoon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More