- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c molasses
- 1 1/2 c butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. cloves
- 1 t. ginger
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, molasses and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the next seven dry ingredients and add to the moist ingredients a little at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
- Can even be over night.
- Shape dough into 1-in balls; roll in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 12 min. or until set.
- Cookies will puff up and flatten during baking. Cool 1 min; remove from cookie sheets to wire rack.
- This makes 10 dozen cookies
- These freeze very well.
- A good cookie to ship also.
NotesThis is most likely my familys favorite cookie. At Christmas it is the first one everyone looks for no matter how many others are presented. I got the recipe from a old 1987 Pillsbury check out counter type book "M.m.m.m.More Cookies"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
My Family Cookbook
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More