- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c molasses
- 1 1/2 c butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. cloves
- 1 t. ginger
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, molasses and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the next seven dry ingredients and add to the moist ingredients a little at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
- Can even be over night.
- Shape dough into 1-in balls; roll in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 12 min. or until set.
- Cookies will puff up and flatten during baking. Cool 1 min; remove from cookie sheets to wire rack.
- This makes 10 dozen cookies
- These freeze very well.
- A good cookie to ship also.
NotesThis is most likely my familys favorite cookie. At Christmas it is the first one everyone looks for no matter how many others are presented. I got the recipe from a old 1987 Pillsbury check out counter type book "M.m.m.m.More Cookies"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More