- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c molasses
- 1 1/2 c butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. cloves
- 1 t. ginger
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, molasses and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the next seven dry ingredients and add to the moist ingredients a little at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
- Can even be over night.
- Shape dough into 1-in balls; roll in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 12 min. or until set.
- Cookies will puff up and flatten during baking. Cool 1 min; remove from cookie sheets to wire rack.
- This makes 10 dozen cookies
- These freeze very well.
- A good cookie to ship also.
NotesThis is most likely my familys favorite cookie. At Christmas it is the first one everyone looks for no matter how many others are presented. I got the recipe from a old 1987 Pillsbury check out counter type book "M.m.m.m.More Cookies"
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Jean’s Recipe File
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More