- Cooking Time: 25 min.
- Preparation Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups peeled, chopped peaches (about 9-10 peaches, depending on size)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into large chunks
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and stir over medium high heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Mash peaches using a potato masher or immersion blender (Don't have one? You can use a food processor. Just remove jam from the heat and use a slotted spoon to transfer peach chunks to the food processor. Pulse a few times and return to the pot.).
- Continue cooking and stirring for 5 more minutes until jam thickens*.
- Pour immediately into hot, sterilized jars.
- Wipe the rims of jars with a clean towel and twist lids on tightly. Place jars in the second pot or your canner.
- Pour in hot water to cover jars by an inch or two.
- Boil for 5 minutes, remove jars and let sit at room temperature. Listen for the little pling sound as each lid pops. If any of the lids didn't seal, just put them in the fridge and eat before the month is up!
- *Testing jam: If you've never made jam, you'll want to test it before pouring it into jars. Just pop a plate into the freezer before you start. Once it looks thick, place a teaspoon of jam on the plate and freeze for 2 minutes. If the jam has thickened and doesn't run down the plate, you're good to go. If it is runny, cook for 3 more minutes and then test again.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More