- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks, 6 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Grind the oatmeal and pecan pieces in a food processor until they resemble cornmeal--reasonably fine but with some texture.
- Whisk the whole wheat flour, cornstarch, ginger, salt and baking soda together in a medium bowl. Whisk in the oat/nut mixture.
- In another medium bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth and light, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the granulated and light brown sugar; continue beating until evenly combined, about 3 minutes more.
- Add the vanilla and the egg.
- Mix in the dry ingredients to make a textured dough.
- Line a 1 1/2-quart loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans with plastic wrap and pack dough into the bottom half of the pan.
- Press to level off the dough. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on top and refrigerate until completely firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Remove dough from the pan and unwrap.
- Slice dough in half lengthwise if using a large pan.
- Slice each log crosswise into 1/4-inch thick cookies.
- Place the cookies about a 1-inch apart on the prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool and crisp. Serve.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More