GINGER SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese - room temperature
- 8 oz. unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 6 Tblsp. Minced candied ginger
- 2 Tblsp. Fresh grated ginger
- enough flour to make a rollable dough (approx. 2-3 cups)
- 1 Cup 10X sugar
- Canton Ginger Liquor or Spiced Rum
Preheat oven to 350’
Line cookie sheets with parchment
Beat cheese and butter till fluffy.
Mix all 3 gingers with 1 cup of the flour then add to cheese/butter
Add flour a bit at a time till it comes together in a soft ball. (Try not to have dough too stiff.)
Refrigerate the dough, covered, at least 30 minutes
Roll the dough to 1/8 inch.
Cut dough with round cutter.
Arrange on cookie sheet
Bake 12-15 minutes.
Mix Sugar and ginger liquor
While still warm, drizzle cookies lightly with sugar mix