- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. shortening
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- n lg bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; blend well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Shape into 1" balls; roll balls in sugar.
- Place 2" apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool 1-2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Makes 36 cookies.
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More