- Cooking Time: 8 min
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- Ginger Sparklers
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour, plus extra if needed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2-4 tbsp white sugar (for "sparkling")
- 1) Mix dough. Add more flour if the mixture is not at a consistency that will allow you to roll.
- 2) Roll into one inch balls and toss in white sugar.
- 3) Place on parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving a fair amount of room in between as cookies will spread.
- 4) Flatten down with fork.
- 5) Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 8 minutes or until golden but not too brown.
- Mmmmmm, fresh gingery goodness! :)
Notes'Tis the season for pine trees, egg nog and beautiful packages. 'Tis also the season for sweet treats and baked goods. My mom and I usually try to get together before the holidays to make some of these yummy things. Our family doesn't actually stick with 'traditional' sweets as my mom has always enjoyed baking (she's an AMAZING baker even if she won't admit it) and so I like to try and bake things she's never tried...I found recipes from people posted in our local newspaper and thought I would manipulate one to my liking...
This one, while easy and not an uncommon cookie type, was one she actually asks ME to make now!