- Cooking Time: 8 min
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- Ginger Sparklers
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour, plus extra if needed
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2-4 tbsp white sugar (for "sparkling")
1) Mix dough. Add more flour if the mixture is not at a consistency that will allow you to roll.
2) Roll into one inch balls and toss in white sugar.
3) Place on parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving a fair amount of room in between as cookies will spread.
4) Flatten down with fork.
5) Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 8 minutes or until golden but not too brown.
Mmmmmm, fresh gingery goodness! :)
This one, while easy and not an uncommon cookie type, was one she actually asks ME to make now!