- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1 c crimini mushrooms
- 1 c zucchini
- 1 c yellow squash
- 1 1/2 c cooked rice (it's best to use leftover rice or to make it soon enough in advance that it's completely cooled)
- 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce (to your taste)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- Ginger dressing (I used a prepared dressing from the Asian food aisle)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- -Chop all vegetables to bite size & dice garlic.
- -Preheat large pan & vegetable oil (& sesame oil if you choose to use it - it adds a nice nutty flavor).
- -Scramble egg, remove from pan and set aside.
- -Turn heat to medium high, add vegetables & garlic and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. You want the vegetables to remain slightly firm.
- -Add cold cooked rice & egg. Cook until heated through.
- -Add soy sauce.
- Serve with ginger dressing drizzled on top.
NotesI like this recipe because it's really flavorful and can be made in under 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce