GINGER WHITE CHOCOLATE AND BRANDY PUMPKIN MOUSSE
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
- Preparation Time: 35 to 45 plus chilling
- Ingredients For Maple Cognac Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- Ingredients For Mousse
- 1 1/8 cup white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling 3 or 3.4 ounce (prepare according to package directions - I used half and half cream for the milk to add even more richness)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Stacy's Simply Gingersnap pita chips (if you cannot find these you can use gingersnap cookies)
Directions For Whipped Cream
Beat heavy cream on medium to form soft peaks.
Add remaining ingredients and beat on high until blended and fluffy.
Directions For Mousse
Prepare pudding according to package directions. Set aside.
Blend pumpkin and next 5 ingredients.
Stir in brandy and vanilla.
Fold in pudding.
Then gently fold in whipped cream.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Spoon into serving dishes and top with whipped cream.
Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
Arrange gingersnaps around the edge.
You can also put the mousse in a large bowl and layer gingersnaps on a platter and let your guests scoop out individual portions.
The ginger and coriander both add a bite of lemon. The gingerbread with its sugary coating, lends more depth of flavor than just a plain crust, there's the warm caramel tones of the brandy, and the pudding and whipped cream give the mousse it's fluffy texture that's lighter than a dense pumpkin pie.
You can get your hands on canned pumpkin all year round so don't wait for another holiday season to give this one a try!