- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups strongly brewed Whole Trade™ jasmine green tea
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 ripe but firm pears, such as Bosc, peeled, halved and cored, with stems left attached
- Put tea, sugar and ginger into a wide, shallow pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Arrange pears in pot in a single layer, cut sides down. Cover and simmer gently, spooning the liquid over the pears from time to time, until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let pears cool in liquid, then serve warm or at room temperature with the fragrant poaching liquid spooned over the top
NotesPoaching pears in Whole Trade™ jasmine green tea creates a fragrant and delicate dessert. Serve with your favorite gingersnap cookies on the side.
Per serving (about 9oz/276g-wt.): 90 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 23g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 19g sugar), 0g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More