- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups strongly brewed Whole Trade™ jasmine green tea
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 ripe but firm pears, such as Bosc, peeled, halved and cored, with stems left attached
- Put tea, sugar and ginger into a wide, shallow pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Arrange pears in pot in a single layer, cut sides down. Cover and simmer gently, spooning the liquid over the pears from time to time, until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let pears cool in liquid, then serve warm or at room temperature with the fragrant poaching liquid spooned over the top
NotesPoaching pears in Whole Trade™ jasmine green tea creates a fragrant and delicate dessert. Serve with your favorite gingersnap cookies on the side.
Per serving (about 9oz/276g-wt.): 90 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 23g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 19g sugar), 0g protein