- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup buttermilk
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in molasses, vegetable oil and milk. Pour into flour, stir. Let batter rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Brush top and bottom of Belgian waffle iron with vegetable oil to coat well. Pour enough batter onto preheated waffler to cover grid pattern evenly.
- Close waffle iron and bake as directed or until steaming stops. Serve with maple syrup or molasses.
NotesGingerbread is not just for Christmas, but when this is cooking it does remind me of past Christmases. And that's not bad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More