- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup buttermilk
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in molasses, vegetable oil and milk. Pour into flour, stir. Let batter rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Brush top and bottom of Belgian waffle iron with vegetable oil to coat well. Pour enough batter onto preheated waffler to cover grid pattern evenly.
- Close waffle iron and bake as directed or until steaming stops. Serve with maple syrup or molasses.
NotesGingerbread is not just for Christmas, but when this is cooking it does remind me of past Christmases. And that's not bad.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More