GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH PEARS
- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 9 Pieces
- Preparation Time: 20
- For Gingerbread
- Full box Dassant Ginger Gingerbread Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- For Pears
- 1 3/4 cups golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup Cointreau™
- 4-5 small pears - peeled, halved lengthwise, cored
- For Coffee Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream - chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
Follow directions according to package.
Combine brown sugar, water and Cointreau™ in large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Add pears. Cover and simmer until pears are tender when pierced with knife, turning occasionally, about 12 minutes. Transfer pears to medium bowl. Boil cooking liquid in pan until syrupy, about 3/4 cup. Pour syrup over pears and cool slightly.
Coffee Whipped Cream
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat until peaks form. Slice gingerbread and plate. Place pears atop bread with dollop of whipping cream and serve.
Website Credit: http://www.dassant.com/recipe/8/recipe-gingerbread-pears-whipped-cream