Gingerbread Cookie Mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
3 teaspoon 5-spice
Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the spices. In a one-quart, wide-mouth canning jar layer the ingredients starting with the flour baking powder mixture then the brown sugar and finally the flour and spice mixture.
Attach a card to the jar with the following directions:
1. Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Blend together well.
2. Add 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses and 1 slightly beaten egg. Mix until completely blended. Dough will be very stiff so you may need to use your
hands. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Decorate as desired.