- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoon 5-spice
- Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the spices. In a one-quart, wide-mouth canning jar layer the ingredients starting with the flour baking powder mixture then the brown sugar and finally the flour and spice mixture.
- Attach a card to the jar with the following directions:
- Gingerbread Cookies
- 1. Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Blend together well.
- 2. Add 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses and 1 slightly beaten egg. Mix until completely blended. Dough will be very stiff so you may need to use your
- hands. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Decorate as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More