- Cooking Time: 5-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Add egg, molasses and vinegar and beat well.
- Mix together dry ingredients and stir in with beaten mixture. Chill dough 3 hours.
- Roll thin on lightly floured board. Cut. Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375º F for 5-6 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More