- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- pinch of salt
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp treacle
- 100ml milk
- 100g muscovado sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Butter Icing
- Will ice 12 large cupcakes (I halved the quantities for 6 cupcakes)
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 400g icing sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Edible gold glitter (optional)
- 1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Sift flour, bicarb, spices and salt into a bowl.
- 2. Melt the butter with the syrup and treacle in a pan, when melted remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 3. Warm the milk and sugar in another pan, stirring until the sugar has disolved. Remove from heat until the milk is lukewarm.
- 4. Pour the milk mixure onto the flour mixture, followed by the butter mixture and the beaten egg.
- 5. Mix well to make a thick, sticky batter.
- 6. Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin cases.
- 7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- 8. Remove from the oven and lift the gingerbread cupcakes onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Butter Icing Directions
- 1. Put the butter into a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- 2. Sift the icing sugar into the bowl.
- 3. Add the milk and vanilla extract.
- 4. Beat until smooth and thick.
- 5. Fill a piping back with a star nozzle and ice the cupcakes.
- 6. Sprinkle a little gold glitter over the cupcake before the icing sets.
NotesLittle Gingerbreads adapted from the Great British Bake Off 'How to Bake' Book.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Food Travels Through Italy
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More