- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 20 to 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup light molasses
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (I omitted this)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (350 F for dark pans). Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the egg, molasses, and lemon zest to creamed mixture. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Add portions of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with portions of the sour cream, until they are completely integrated, about 30 seconds.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in pan on a wire rack.
NotesBlogged at http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Recipe from Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella.
MY NOTES: I omitted the lemon zest from the cupcake recipe. I couldn't find light molasses, so my cupcakes had a strong molasses flavor.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More