- Cooking Time: 12-14 Minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick of unsalted butter)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsulphured molasses (not blackstrap)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup of grated ginger
- Lemon Icing
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Combine the sugar and lemon juice together in a bowl and stir until smooth. Allow to stiffen up a bit for 4 minutes. Spoon over the cooled cupcakes and allow to harden.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, melt the butter and water together in the microwave, covering the top with plastic wrap.
- 2 Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and dry spices in a bowl.
- 3 Beat together the molasses and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds between each.
- 4 Beat in the flour mixture slowly until just incorporated. Add the butter mixture and the grated ginger and beat until smooth. Batter will be runny.
- 5 Spoon into cupcake papers, about 3/4 full. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for a minute to set before moving to a wire rack to fully cool.
NotesAmazing taste and much easier to make beside gingerbread men!!
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More