- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Line eight 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the egg white, molasses, water, and oil. Stir molasses mixture into flour mixture just until blended. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when pressed lightly in center. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or cool. Makes 8 cupcakes (8 servings).
- Make ahead tip: Bake and cook cupcakes but do not sprinkle with powdered sugar. Pack in an airtight freezer container; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw 30 minutes at room temperature before sprinkling with powdered sugar and serving.Prep: 10 minutes
- Bake: 15 minutes
NotesSource: Better Homes & Gardens
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Jimmy Dean® Skillets, Southwest Style: Customizable Breakfast Burritos
Zucchini Patties with Zucchini Hummus
Pink Velvet CupcakesSee More