- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe kids don't have to enjoy gingerbread cookies just during the Christmas holiday season. Why not let them help you make these cute Easter Bunny Gingerbread Cookies for Easter or just to make for a spring time treat. So tasty, and they will really enjoy decorating these cookies with you.
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz./225g) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups molasses
- 1 egg
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Icing (see recipe below) optional
- Cream butter and sugar, add molasses and egg. Beat until smooth. Sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; add to mixture. Beat until well mixed. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Divide dough in half. Roll dough, half at a time, to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out dough with 5-inch bunny or rabbit cookie cutter.
- Bake cookies on greased baking sheets 9 to 11 minutes or until edges darken slightly. Cool for 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Decorate with icing as desired.
- Note: You may leave cookies plain or ice with just plain white icing or use the different food colorings for a colorful cookie