- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 tsp of ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- In a bowl combine boiling water and baking soda. Set aside.
- Sift flour, spices and baking powder.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter and add brown sugar.
- Beat in molasses and baking soda mixture.
- Add flour mixture and beat in eggs.
- Cook at 350'F about 55 min
NotesThis is the best gingerbread I ever made, it is very moist and plenty of flavor!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More