- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp ground dried ginger
- 1 tsp ground fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 C shortening
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2/3 C molasses or dark syrup
- 3/4 C sour milk or buttermilk
- Sift flour once and measure 2 cups.
- Add powder, soda, spices and salt and sift together 3 times.
- Cream shortening until fluffy.
- Add sugar gradually till light and fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses, stir to incorporate.
- Alternating flour and milk. Beat after each addition till smooth.
- Pour into a pan lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Bake @ 350' for 75 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or lemon sauce. (make your own, or heat lemon curd over boiling water till it 'melts' - serve warm)
NotesJust a basic recipe that's been around for a long time...
I've added more ginger.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Summertime SippersSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More