- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 C. Brown sugar
- 1 C. Butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room tamperature
- 2 3/4 C. APF (all purp flour)
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- scant 1/2 C. coarsely chopped/ processed crystallized ginger
- dash ground cloves
- dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- preheat oven to 400 F
- cream butter and brown sugar until light in color and very fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in flour, cream of tartar, soda, salt, and spices. Finally stir in the ginger
- *I used my food processor, and pulsed the crystallized ginger until is was pretty finely diced. I found that to be the simplest and quickest way...although, ofcourse you could chop it finely by hand :)*
- Traditionally, snickerdoodles are now rolled in cinnamon sugar, then baked... I skipped this step. I wanted a more gingery, and less sugary cookie. I simply scooped out the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, and baked them that way. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. I pulled mine out at probably 8 minutes exactly, if not a smidgen sooner :)
- Let sit on sheet for 1 or 2 minutes, then carefully transfer to a rack to cool.
- These cookies are insanely good. Not too spicey, but definitely more interesting than a basic snickerdoodle. The ginger gives just a hint of the sweet tangy flavor, and the brown sugar mellows everything out. A flat, soft, slightly chewy confectionary delight. AND, start to finish in under a half an hour. Happy baking.
NotesEssentially a snickerdoodle base, but with the inclusion of some crystallized ginger, and deduction of cinnamon. The trick with these type of cookies is to just barely underbake them. That way when they cool, they keep that soft chewy center. Amazing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More