- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 oz shallot; minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup Orange juice or Tangerine or Tangelo
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 1/4 tsp plus a pinch ground ginger
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp and cut into chunks
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Combine shallots, wine and juice in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to 1/2.
- Stir in the ginger and the zest; simmer for 30 more seconds.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, one chunk at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
NotesVery decadent and delicious, normally beurre al'orange does not contain ginger... But I was not sure what the french name for it would be... So if you want REAL buerre al'orange... Just drop the ginger from the recipe...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Christmas CookiesSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More