- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Combine all ingredients in a small dish with cover. Store overnight in refrigerator before using.
- To make a cup of chai: brew a cup of strong, black tea such as Assam or Darjeeling.
- Stir in 1 to 2 tsp of mix per 8 oz of tea.
- Add milk if desired.
- Store chai mix in refrigerator.
- Unsweetened condensed milk can be used and sugar can be added to control sweetness.
- Typically, I make tea using 1 1/2 cups of water and 2 teabags (not quite double strength) with 1 or 2 heaping spoonfuls of chai mix.
NotesI modified my Homemade Chai Mix recipe to make a comforting cup of vanilla chai with just a touch of ginger spice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More