- Cooking Time: 12 to 18
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 T cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- flour - enough to make a firm dough (Not stiff enough to roll) - About 4 Cups
- Combine first 8 ingredients and mix well.
- Add vinegar and vanilla - then flour, 1 cup at a time to make a firm dough.
- Roll dough into 1" balls, roll in granulated sugar, place on cookie sheet lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Bake @ 325 -
- For soft cookies - 12 minutes.
- Hard cookies = flatten dough with a glass and bake - 18 minutes.
- Makes 10-12 dozen
NotesA recipe from my childhood...One of my Mom's favorites. The snap comes from the molasses, ginger and pepper. Both soft and hard cookie directions are included.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More