- Cooking Time: 12 to 18
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 6 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 T cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- flour - enough to make a firm dough (Not stiff enough to roll) - About 4 Cups
- Combine first 8 ingredients and mix well.
- Add vinegar and vanilla - then flour, 1 cup at a time to make a firm dough.
- Roll dough into 1" balls, roll in granulated sugar, place on cookie sheet lined with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Bake @ 325 -
- For soft cookies - 12 minutes.
- Hard cookies = flatten dough with a glass and bake - 18 minutes.
- Makes 10-12 dozen
NotesA recipe from my childhood...One of my Mom's favorites. The snap comes from the molasses, ginger and pepper. Both soft and hard cookie directions are included.