- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 m
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats or bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 4 oz can of green chili's
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk.
- Stir in the cheese, oats, or bread crumbs onion, green chili's Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Add this topping the last 10 minutes of cooking.
NotesThis is my Mom's easy simple meat loaf and we still eat it today.
Submitted by: "Mary Cosgrove"
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYs
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More