- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole natural almonds
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a large cookie sheet, and set aside. In microwave safe dish, melt butter. Set aside. Meanwhile, beat egg whites with salt until very frothy; gradually (very slowly) add sugar, beating to stiff peaks. Gently fold in almonds and cinnamon. Pour melted butter & 1 Tablespoon Vanilla into almond mixture, and fold in. Pour mixture onto pan, and spread out evenly on greased baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until glazing mixture has set up around almonds. Do not wait until the glaze is totally dry. Let cool, then store cooled nuts in sealed container.
- *Don't panic if they glaze mixture hasn't stayed in stiff peaks. If will work just fine!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More