- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole natural almonds
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a large cookie sheet, and set aside. In microwave safe dish, melt butter. Set aside. Meanwhile, beat egg whites with salt until very frothy; gradually (very slowly) add sugar, beating to stiff peaks. Gently fold in almonds and cinnamon. Pour melted butter & 1 Tablespoon Vanilla into almond mixture, and fold in. Pour mixture onto pan, and spread out evenly on greased baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until glazing mixture has set up around almonds. Do not wait until the glaze is totally dry. Let cool, then store cooled nuts in sealed container.
- *Don't panic if they glaze mixture hasn't stayed in stiff peaks. If will work just fine!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Nick's PicksSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More