- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 3 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 T water
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 T chopped pecans
- Place 1 cup water in 10-inch skillet. Bring to a full boil over medium heat; add carrots and asparagus. Cover; continue cooking, stirringoccasionally, until carrots and asparagus are crisply tender (7 to 9 minutes). Drain. Set aside; keep warm.
- Melt butter in same skillet. Stir together cornstarch, 3 tablespoons
- water and lemon juice in small bowl; stir into butter. Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly, until sauce thickens (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in lemon peel.
- To serve, spoon sauce over warm carrots and asparagus. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More