- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 3 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 T water
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 T chopped pecans
- Place 1 cup water in 10-inch skillet. Bring to a full boil over medium heat; add carrots and asparagus. Cover; continue cooking, stirringoccasionally, until carrots and asparagus are crisply tender (7 to 9 minutes). Drain. Set aside; keep warm.
- Melt butter in same skillet. Stir together cornstarch, 3 tablespoons
- water and lemon juice in small bowl; stir into butter. Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly, until sauce thickens (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in lemon peel.
- To serve, spoon sauce over warm carrots and asparagus. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Cooking with Sabra
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More