- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 3 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 T water
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 T chopped pecans
- Place 1 cup water in 10-inch skillet. Bring to a full boil over medium heat; add carrots and asparagus. Cover; continue cooking, stirringoccasionally, until carrots and asparagus are crisply tender (7 to 9 minutes). Drain. Set aside; keep warm.
- Melt butter in same skillet. Stir together cornstarch, 3 tablespoons
- water and lemon juice in small bowl; stir into butter. Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly, until sauce thickens (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in lemon peel.
- To serve, spoon sauce over warm carrots and asparagus. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Taste of CenturyLink
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More