- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 3 large carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 T water
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 T chopped pecans
- Place 1 cup water in 10-inch skillet. Bring to a full boil over medium heat; add carrots and asparagus. Cover; continue cooking, stirringoccasionally, until carrots and asparagus are crisply tender (7 to 9 minutes). Drain. Set aside; keep warm.
- Melt butter in same skillet. Stir together cornstarch, 3 tablespoons
- water and lemon juice in small bowl; stir into butter. Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly, until sauce thickens (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in lemon peel.
- To serve, spoon sauce over warm carrots and asparagus. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More