- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: approximately 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pkg. thick sliced bacon
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts
- 1/2 C barbeque sauce (I use “Sweet Baby Ray’s” but any favorite will do)
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- Cut bacon in half and fry bacon until just barely done.
- Wrap bacon around each water chestnut and secure with toothpicks. Combine barbeque sauce and sugar in saucepan until heated and sugar is dissolved, remove from stove to cool slightly.
- Dip bacon wrapped water chestnuts in sauce and place in large baking dish lined with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over water chestnuts taking care not to cover toothpicks.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
NotesMy mother had shown me how to make some similar to these but I decided to modify the recipe to achieve results that I had more in mind. Since then I am proud to say these delicious appetizers have become a hands down favorite and now have become part of our family's holiday tradition. The recipe is really easy and everyone really loves these (even people who would otherwise not eat water chestnuts). I would like to share my family's favorite holiday recipe with others to enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More