- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: approximately 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pkg. thick sliced bacon
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts
- 1/2 C barbeque sauce (I use “Sweet Baby Ray’s” but any favorite will do)
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- Cut bacon in half and fry bacon until just barely done.
- Wrap bacon around each water chestnut and secure with toothpicks. Combine barbeque sauce and sugar in saucepan until heated and sugar is dissolved, remove from stove to cool slightly.
- Dip bacon wrapped water chestnuts in sauce and place in large baking dish lined with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over water chestnuts taking care not to cover toothpicks.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
NotesMy mother had shown me how to make some similar to these but I decided to modify the recipe to achieve results that I had more in mind. Since then I am proud to say these delicious appetizers have become a hands down favorite and now have become part of our family's holiday tradition. The recipe is really easy and everyone really loves these (even people who would otherwise not eat water chestnuts). I would like to share my family's favorite holiday recipe with others to enjoy.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Banana Nut Bread
Eggplant CasseroleSee More