- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling dough
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sugar Glaze (see below)
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cottage cheese, flour, and salt. Shape into a disk, and wrap in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a well-floured surface, roll dough out to a 14-inch circle. Cut circle evenly into 8 triangles. Roll each triangle up, from wide end to tip, turning ends of roll in to form a crescent shape. Place croissants 3 inches apart on a rimmed baking sheet (to catch any drips); bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.Transfer to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Sugar Glaze: In a glass measuring cup, add 2 teaspoons milk by 1/2 teaspoonfuls to 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, stirring until glaze is of a drizzling consistency. It should be thin enough to pour while still thick enough to coat croissants. Drizzle over croissants. Serve warm, or let cool to room temperature. Store at room temperature in an airtight container, up to 2 days.
- Also -- I had some issues rolling out the dough so I made it cinnamon roll style where you start with a square shape, roll it into a log and cut it into slices. FYI - No matter what recipe, no matter how hard I try, I cannot roll out dough properly, so don't blame the recipe.)
Notes"These have a unique flavor from the cottage cheese that I really enjoyed. They are best served fresh and warm."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More