- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter @ room temp
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or whole milk
- 2 Tb. orange juice
- 1 egg @ room temp
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups rough-chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Beat sugars & butter til light.
- Add egg, mix til incorporated, then milk & oj.
- Add dry, mixing til just incorporated. Stir in nuts.
- Bake at 375 approximately. 2inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets, 10-15 minutes til set and lightly golden.
NotesNot sure where this recipe came from, but I've been baking these cookies since I was a kid. My mother still pesters me to make these for her every year at Xmas.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce