- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI know, this is a joke, right? NO, it is hubby being off work and watching these crazy shows on TV! He's been watching United States of Bacon, Destination America! Well, Todd, the guy on the show who loves bacon, goes around America finding the greatest bacon recipes!
I must say, this burger is delicious and something you would only eat every now and then for a treat because I'm sure that donut is full of calories! :) We loved this burger! The tang of the BBQ sauce, saltiness from the bacon and the sweetness of the glazed donut were a match made in heaven! I say everyone must try this burger just once in their lifetime! You won't be disappointed!
On the show, Todd recommended using a vinegar based BBQ sauce so we tried a new sauce to us! It was KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Southern Style, Cider Vinegar Recipe and the bottle said it was NEW! It was thinner than most regular BBQ sauces and out of this world good! I would like to use it on alot of different things!
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked & drained
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, vinegar based, plus some for adding to sandwich
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar/colby cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 whole glazed donuts, sliced thru center to make a bun
- In a skillet, fry bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Make 6 burgers from the ground beef. Heat grill to medium high and grill burgers 4-5 minutes on each side and then start basting burgers on each side with BBQ sauce, grilling another 5-7 minutes. Add cheese and remove burgers from grill.
- Slice donuts thru center to make a bun.
- On a griddle or in a skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add sliced donuts, flat sides up and grill until slightly warm. Remove from griddle.
- Brush inside bottom of donut with BBQ sauce and place burger on top, add slices of bacon and brush inside top of donut with BBQ sauce. Top burger with donut slice.