- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4- 5
- Preparation Time:
- 8 - 10 pig tails
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Blend all the ingredients and pour over the meat in a large zip loc bag and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, saving the liquid.
- Spread the meat in a large baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, basting the meat generously with the marinade every 20 minutes for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender and the marinade has turned into a glaze.
- Makes 4 or 5 servings.
- Serve with Bavarian Potato Salad or with Sauerkraut.
- Goes good with beer too! lol
- P.S. Don't forget to make doctor's appointment to get cholesterol checked after eating these. lol
NotesYet another dish popular at Oktoberfest or anytime here. You can use ribs in place of pig tails.
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More