- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4- 5
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYet another dish popular at Oktoberfest or anytime here. You can use ribs in place of pig tails.
- 8 - 10 pig tails
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Blend all the ingredients and pour over the meat in a large zip loc bag and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, saving the liquid.
- Spread the meat in a large baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, basting the meat generously with the marinade every 20 minutes for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender and the marinade has turned into a glaze.
- Makes 4 or 5 servings.
- Serve with Bavarian Potato Salad or with Sauerkraut.
- Goes good with beer too! lol
- P.S. Don't forget to make doctor's appointment to get cholesterol checked after eating these. lol