- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make icing, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa, and salt- the mixture will be thick/grainy.
- Combine cream, sour cream and coffee granules in a large measuring cup, mixing until smooth.
- Gradually add cream mixture to chocolate until blended and smooth.
- Cook until sugar has dissolved, and mixture is smooth and hot to the touch.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Take mixture off the heat, and add vanilla.
- Cool at room temperature until spreadable (up to three hours).
- If it isn't getting thick enough to be spreadable, put in the refrigerator until thick enough to spread.
- If it gets too thick to spread easily, warm gently in the microwave until it's just right (20 seconds or so, repeat if necessary).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More