- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make icing, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa, and salt- the mixture will be thick/grainy.
- Combine cream, sour cream and coffee granules in a large measuring cup, mixing until smooth.
- Gradually add cream mixture to chocolate until blended and smooth.
- Cook until sugar has dissolved, and mixture is smooth and hot to the touch.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Take mixture off the heat, and add vanilla.
- Cool at room temperature until spreadable (up to three hours).
- If it isn't getting thick enough to be spreadable, put in the refrigerator until thick enough to spread.
- If it gets too thick to spread easily, warm gently in the microwave until it's just right (20 seconds or so, repeat if necessary).
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
MidLife Road Trip's
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More