- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Truvia
- 1 cup non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 1 (16 ounces) package extra-firm lite silken tofu, drained
- 1 (15 ounces) can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup Truvia
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pecan halves, divided
- Non-dairy topping (optional)
- For the crust, pulse flour, pecans, salt and Truvia in a food processor until pecans are finely ground. Add shortening and pulse until almost combined, then add 3 tablespoons ice water and pulse until just blended. Gather dough into two balls then press each into a disc. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for several hours until firm.When ready to make the pie, set one disc out at room temperature for 15 minutes to soften slightly. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a (10- to 11-inch) circle and carefully transfer to a (9-inch) pie plate. Press crust back together where needed and crimp edges as desired; chill until ready to use. (Reserve remaining pie dough for another use.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. For the filling, blend tofu in a food processor until creamy and smooth. Add pumpkin, sugar, 1/4 cup of the syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and purée until smooth; set aside.
- Reserve 8 pecan halves as a garnish then toss remaining pecans with remaining 2 tablespoons syrup and arrange evenly on the bottom of the pie shell. Pour pumpkin filling into pie shell and bake until just set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Set pie aside to let cool then top with non-dairy topping, if you like, and decorate with reserved pecans.
NotesThis is a gluten-free, sugar-free, gourmet vegan dessert that I came up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
GAES PTO Recipes
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More