- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (dry) lentils, cooked and drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Saute onions and garlic in a tiny bit of the olive oil until soft.
- Combine garbanzos, onions, garlic, eggs and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix the lentils, any herbs or spices you like, and garbanzo mixture together until well blended.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan or wok and brown the crumble, breaking it up as you would scrambled eggs or ground beef so that the majority is brown on both sides.
- Serve on bread (for those not on a gluten-free diet) or on large pieces of grilled eggplant with your favourite hamburger toppings
NotesThe inspiration of this recipe came from a Vegetarian Times Magazine for Veggie Burgers. However, because I needed Gluten Free, I eliminated a key ingredient, bread crumbs, that kept the mixture together in patties. I modified the recipe a little more (adding more lentils for bulk, eliminating some other spices), and came up with this simple crumble that can be seasoned however you like from sweet to savory.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The One Dollar Cookbook
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More