- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 4lb pork shoulder (alternately called a butt or picnic)
- 10 or 12 whole cloves
- 1 litre Cola (not diet)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a large bowl mix the cola, salt and garlic powder.
- Pierce random places on roast with a knife and insert cloves on both sides of the roast.
- Soak roast in cola for 1 to 2 hours (turning over halfway through to make sure all of the roast has been marinaded in the yummy sugary stuff.)
- Place roast in crock pot and cover with the cola marinade.
- Add 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low heat (add water as needed.)
- Drain liquid and fat and shred pork with a fork or two.
- Mix with homemade BBQ sauce (see below) and enjoy.
NotesI'm serving this as a topping for the baked potato bar at my Anniversary party next weekend. I was making it up early to a) try the recipes and b) to freeze for less hassle in the kitchen later. It came out so good, I'm going to serve this one and make up another one later in the week for the party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More