GLUTEN FREE - CROCK POT PULLED PORK AND HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 4lb pork shoulder (alternately called a butt or picnic)
- 10 or 12 whole cloves
- 1 litre Cola (not diet)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a large bowl mix the cola, salt and garlic powder.
- Pierce random places on roast with a knife and insert cloves on both sides of the roast.
- Soak roast in cola for 1 to 2 hours (turning over halfway through to make sure all of the roast has been marinaded in the yummy sugary stuff.)
- Place roast in crock pot and cover with the cola marinade.
- Add 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low heat (add water as needed.)
- Drain liquid and fat and shred pork with a fork or two.
- Mix with homemade BBQ sauce (see below) and enjoy.
NotesI'm serving this as a topping for the baked potato bar at my Anniversary party next weekend. I was making it up early to a) try the recipes and b) to freeze for less hassle in the kitchen later. It came out so good, I'm going to serve this one and make up another one later in the week for the party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More