- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/3 c Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 3 T Almond Meal
- 3/4 t Salt
- 2 1/4 T Sugar
- 2 1/4 t Dry Yeast Granules
- 3/4 c Warm Water
- 1 t Sugar
- 3 T Shortening
- 1/3 c Hot Water
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 c Sesame Seeds
- Grease one cookie sheet.
- Place the dry ingredients, except the sesame seeds, in the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer and blend with the heavy mixing blade.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water with the teaspoon of sugar added.
- Melt the shortening in the hot water.
- Pour both into the dry ingredients & blend on low.
- Add the egg whites & blend again.
- Turn the mixer to high & beat for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Form bagels by dividing the dough into 6 pieces.
- Working with greased hands, roll into balls.
- Flatten the balls to about 1/2 inch think.
- Create the hole by poking a finger through the centre & enlarging.
- Place on the cookie sheet, brush with egg wash, cover with plastic wrap & let rise until they are puffy & almost double in bulk (about 30-40 minutes for rapid-rising yeast, 60 minutes for regular yeast).
- Ten minutes before they have finished rising, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large low pan, bring 3 inches of water plus 1 teaspoon sugar to a boil.
- Drop in the bangles. Cook for one minute, turning at 30 seconds.
- Drain, dip top of bagel into sesame seeds & place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly before eating.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More