- Cooking Time: 12–15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cup gluten free flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
- Combine banana, brown sugar, butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg, beat well.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Stir to combine these ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat on medium with mixer until well-blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop batter onto cookies sheets by heaping spoonfuls.
- Bake at 350° F for 12–15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on pans for a couple of minutes, then remove cookies and cool them on a wire rack.
NotesDid you know that oatmeal helps you to produce serotonin, a calming hormone that helps fight anxiety's negative effect? Oatmeal is high in fiber, which mean that your body will absorb it slowly. In one fell swoop, you'll prolong the serotonin boost.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More