- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup organic salted butter, melted
- 3 large organic eggs, divided
- 1 package Cherrybrook Kitchen yellow cake mix
- 1 (8-oz.) package organic cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. organic powdered sugar (I didn't use the full 16 oz)
- Juice of 1 lemon (I added this)
- 1. Combine pecans, butter, 1 egg, and cake mix, stirring until well blended; press in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Beat remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese, and powdered sugar, and lemon juice (optional) at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour over cake mix layer.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
NotesI had heard of Bayou Brownies. They are supposedly AMAZING. But, I'm allergic to gluten so I set out to make the gluten-free version. And, I changed the name to "Blondies" because there's no chocolate in them.
They are beyond delicious. And, I really didn't have to alter the recipe that much. I did make everything organic though. That didn't make these any less caloric (they're very rich) but maybe a tad bit healthier. :)