Gluten Free Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
Why I Love This Recipe
Light, fluffy, fresh and good for you- these muffins are perfect to way up to in the morning and keep you going for the rest of the day.
Ingredients You'll Need
• 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) gluten-free pancake and baking mix
• 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
• 2 cups (500 mL) fresh blueberries
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel Buttery Taste margarine
• 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat buttermilk
• 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
• 1 tsp. (5 mL) finely grated lemon peel
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
Step 2: Combine gluten free pancake and baking mix with salt in medium bowl; gently toss in blueberries.
Step 3: Beat Becel Buttery Taste margarine with brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon peel. Gently stir in pancake and baking mixture with wooden spoon. Evenly spoon into prepared muffin pan.
Step 4: Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
Recipe Tip: If using a pancake and baking mix or a flour blend without baking powder and baking soda, add 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder and 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) baking soda to pancake and baking mixture.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Pancake