- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI got this recipe from Heather at Gluten Free Cat.
This was Recipe #24 in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event.
These pancakes are absolutely delicious. I LOVE blanched almond flour. It would have to be one of the gluten-free baker's best friends. Not only is it high in protein, it just adds an incredible depth of flavour to these pancakes. Add in the pecans and banana and you have got me sitting at the table in Piggy HEAVEN!
Check out Heather's original blog post for more information about this recipe.
Learn more about Heather at Gluten Free Cat.
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- ½ banana
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- Place the eggs, banana, vanilla, and coconut milk in your stand mixer and beat for about 30 seconds until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients except for the pecans and mix until smooth. The batter will resemble cookie batter. If you prefer thinner pancakes, just add more coconut milk.
- Add the pecans and mix on low until the pecans are chopped and well incorporated.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium-low heat, and then scoop batter into the pan and spread it into a pancake shape with a spatula. This batter is thick.
- Flip when the underside has browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve plain or with fresh fruit and extra pecans for a sugar-free breakfast, or add toppings of your choice.
- Makes 6-8 pancakes