Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
This is the original Toll House recipe, halved because I don’t want to make so many cookies. These are really delicious!
Ingredients You'll Need
a heaping 1 3/4 cup rice flour, or gluten free flour mix
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick shortening, Earth Balance, or butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 package GF chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugars and shortening or butter until creamy.
2. Beat in egg, then dry ingredients except chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
3. Once smooth, add chips and nuts, and roll into balls
4. Flatten slightly
5. Bake 8-10 minutes
6. Let cool on cookie sheets
7. Remove and eat or store in air tight container.
Note: You can replace the egg with egg replacer or applesauce to make them vegan.