- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- a heaping 1 3/4 cup rice flour, or gluten free flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick shortening, Earth Balance, or butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 package GF chocolate chips
- nuts, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugars and shortening or butter until creamy.
- 2. Beat in egg, then dry ingredients except chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- 3. Once smooth, add chips and nuts, and roll into balls
- 4. Flatten slightly
- 5. Bake 8-10 minutes
- 6. Let cool on cookie sheets
- 7. Remove and eat or store in air tight container.
- Note: You can replace the egg with egg replacer or applesauce to make them vegan.
NotesThis is the original Toll House recipe, halved because I don’t want to make so many cookies. These are really delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More